Craving for Veg dum biriyani? And you wanna avoid standing hours in the kitchen? Lets try to make quick version of it…why wait? Let’s start!!
- 2 carrots(large, cut into small pieces)
- Potato – 1big (cut into medium size pieces)
- Green peas – 1/4cup
- Bell pepper – 1/2(cut into medium size pieces)
- Green beans – 10 (cut into medium size pieces)
- Cauliflower – 1 cup (optional)
- Curd -2 small cups
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Any kind of biriyani masala powder – 3tsps
- Lemon juice – 4tsps
- Red chili powder – 1tsp
4cups – basmati rice (wash). Add 4cups or 3&1/2cups of water, add salt and turn on electric rice cooker.
- Onion – 1/2 (cut into small pieces)
- Green chilies – 2 (slit them)
- Lavang – 2
- Elachi – 2
- Dalchini -1
- Bay leaf – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 3tsps
- Mint – 1 hand full
- Cilantro – 4tsps
- Take medium size bowl and add set 1 &set2 mix well and check the taste & adjust anything if needed. Soak vegetables for 30mins.
- Take wide pan, add 5-6tsps of oil. Once oil is heated add set 4 ingredients one by one and stir for 3 to 4 mins.
- Transfer set 1 to step 2 and cook them until vegetables are cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer to step 3& spread across
- Take 1cup of milk, add some food color, sprinkle on top of rice.
- Garnish with cilantro, add some ghee and cover it and put the flame on sim for about 10mins.
- After 10mins stir rice gently & serve hot!! It goes well with raita or any masala gravy!!
Pics – TBD
Having hard time to feed vegetables to kids!! And you wanna try something different& healthy!! Of course you do..
Add the following in rice cooker & cook the rice:
3 cups basmati rice
3&1/2 cups & add salt & turn on the rice cooker
Take wide pan & add oil(5 to 6tsp) & then add following ingredients:
- Lavang -3
- Dalchini-1 or 2 sticks
- Anise flower – 1
- Bay leaves – 2
- Saute above masala’s for 1min
- Then add the following:
- Onion (1/2 – cut into small piece)
- Green chillies (according to your taste), fry it & add ginger garlic >> fry for 2mins
- Add mint 1 hand full, fry for 2mins & add grated carrot(may be 2 big carrots) fry for sometime.
- Next add dhania powder>>let it fry for 1min, add cilantro mix >> add this mixture to rice cooker mix well & squeeze some lime juice!!!
Enjoy as is or you can eat with any gravy! or raita!!
See how simple is that!! Can’t wait!! Please try yourself and enjoy!!
Lets make simple & easy bagara rice!
– Basmathi rice 4cups & 6 cups of water
– Onion – 1/2 piece
– Green chillies – 3 (optional)
– Mint – hand full
– Cilantro – hand fullLavang
– Eliachi -3
– Biriyani leaves – 3
– Anise flower- 2
– Biriyani flower – 1
– Cinamon stick – 2
– Lavang -3
– Take big pan & add oil
– Once heated add onion & green chillies
– After 3mins add ginger garlic paste(2tsp) & add mint,cilantro, dhania powder(2tsp) & fry for a min & turn off the stove
Add the following in the rice cooker:
Rice,Water & above cooked mixture, check the salt & turn on the cooker
Serve with any gravy or raita!!Enjoy !!