Carrot & Cucumber chutney!
- Large carrots(3)
- Green chilies – 10 or 15 (adjust according to your taste)
- Mint – 1 handful
- Cilantro – 2 fists
- Tamarind – 4 goose berry size(soak)
- Turmeric – 1/2tsp
Dry roast the following & make powder:
- 3tsp of sesame seeds
- 2tsp of peanuts
Set3 Tadka Ingredients:
- Oil – 3tsp
- Mustard seeds – 2tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilies (1 or 2)
- Moong dal
- Curry leaves
- Lemon juice – 3tsp (or adjust according to your taste)
Cut carrots, cucumber,tomatoes, green chilies into small pieces. Take medium size pot add all vegetables including green chilies, garlic,mint,cilantro, turmeric,salt, dhania powder mix all of them well and cook on medium heat for 8 to 10mins.
Once the mixture reaches room temperature add mixture of set 2, mix well and pulse the mixture.
Turn on the stove & put medium size pan. Add oil once the oil is heated, add one by one ingredients listed in set3. After tadka is done, transfer tadaka to the carrot mixture mix well and lime juice. Check the taste and adjust if needed.
It can be served with hot hot white rice or rotis! It goes well with bread as well!
Chutney with Raddish… yes Chutney with Raddish! It is pretty simple & easy to make..why wait! Lets start!!
- Raddish – 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Tomato – 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Green chillies – 10(or add according to your taste)
- Tamarind (3 goose berries size) or you can adjust according to your taste
- Turmeric powder (1/2tsp)
- Mint – 1 fist full
- Cilantro – 1 fist full
- Dhania powder – 2tsp
Dry roast & make the powder of the following:
- Peanuts – 3tsps
- Sesame seeds – 2 or 3 tsps
- Take medium size pot, add all set one ingredients, mix well and cook on medium heat for 10mins. Turn of the stove and let it cool.
- Take the blender add set 1, set 2 & 2tsp of jaggery mix well & pulse. Check the taste & adjust if anything needs to be added. Once the mixture l crunchy transfer the mixture into one bowl.
Put tadka pan on the stove, once the pan is warm enough add 4tsp of oil. Once the oil is hot add the following one by one:
- Mustard seeds (let them splutter)
- Cumin Seeds
- Red chillies
- Curry leaves & mix well
And pour it on top of chutney.You can serve with Hot Hot white rice (along with ghee :D) or you can eat with rotis!
See how simple is that!!!