Wanna try simple & fast version of fish pulsu? Then you are at right place!! Let’s start!!
- Tilapia – fillets or whole fish cut into curry size pieces – 6 pieces
- Tamarind – 2 lemon size (soak) & grind into fine paste
- Tomatoes – 2, cut into small pieces, microwave for 3mins & make puree & keep aside
- Onions – 1 big, cut into small pieces &green chillies – 3 (or add more if needed), cut them,put both of them into microwave safe bowl, add 1stp oil & cook for 3mins & pulse 2 times & keep aside
- Ginger garlic paste – 2tsp
- Bellpeppers – 1, cut into small pieces (optional)
- Dhania powder – 2tsp
- Methi seeds – 4
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Jira – 1/4 tsp
- Hing – 2pinches
- Curry leaves – 10 to 15 leaves
- Red chilli powder – 2tsp or add more if needed
- Salt – according to your taste
Take wide pan & add 5tsp of oil, let it heat. Add mustard seeds, jira, hing, methi seeds, curry leaves, saute for 1min. Then add onion & chilies paste saute, until it turns light brown, then add ginger garlic paste, bell peppers & saute for a min or 2, then add tamarind paste, tomato puree, some water, chilli powder, dhania powder, salt, mix well and let it cook for sometime, once the gravy starts thickening, check the taste and adjust if anything needed. After checking the taste, add tilapia pieces coat the gravy on top, mix gently & simmer the stove for another 15mins. Once fish is completely cooked, garnish with cilantro. That’s it!!Simple! Serve with hot hot white rice! Note: It tastes much better if it stays overnight! But people like me can’t wait…;) Enjoy!