First time I tried fish pulusu with cranberries & guess what it turned out so yummy!!! Recipe is pretty simple. Let’s start!
- Oil: 3 -4tsps
- Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
- Jeera – 1/4tsp
- Methi seeds – 8
- Hing – 6splashes
- Curry leaves – 10-15
- Onion – 1/2 (cut into long slices)
- Green chilies – 5(slit them)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Tomatoes – 1(cut into small pieces
- Bell peppers(optional) – 1 (small size, cut into small pieces)
- Cranberries paste – 4tsps
- Dhania powder – 1tsp
- Jeera & Methi powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Red chili powder – 2tsps
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – according to your taste
- Jaggery powder – 2tsps
- Tilapia fillets – 4(cut each fillet into 4 pieces)
- Put wide pan on medium flame. Add oil, once the oil is heated, add the items listed in ingredients one by one & saute in between.
- Once tomatoes and bell peppers are cooked add the ingredients from: cranberry paste until red chili powder, saute for few mins.
- Then add water & salt. Let water comes to boil & evaporate little bit.
- Next check the taste & adjust if anything is needed. Then gently add tilapia fillets into step 3, add garam masala (1/tsp), jaggery powder, mix it.
- Let fish cook on sim for 8mins, then garnish with cilantro.
You can serve with hot hot white rice or rotis!!
Please pardon for any typos/grammatical mistakes 🙂
Note: Wash & cook cranberries without water, once the mixture reaches room temperature, pulse the mixture & store in refrigerator.