Tired of eating routine tomato dal, spinach dal etc?? Let’s try something different!Dal with Carrot!!!
- Toor dal – 1 smal cup
- Carrots – 2 big ( cut into small pieces)+Green chilies – 3+Jeera – 1tsp+Garlic pods – 2
- Tamarind juice – 1 small cup (you can adjust according to your taste)
- Turmeric – 1/2tsp
- Dhania powder – 1tsp
Set 3: Tadka
- Oil – 2tsps
- Mustard seeds – 2tsp
- Jeera – 2tsps
- Hing – 5splashes
- Curry leaves – 10 or 15
- Onion – 2 tsps
- Red chilies – 2 or 3
- Jaggery powder – 1tsp
- Add set one into 2 seperate bowls & pressure cook them for 5vessels.
- Once the pressure is off, blend daal & carrots seperately.
- Turn on the stove and put medium size pot add oil and all set3 ingredients one by one.Then transfer daal, carrot pulp mix well.
- Next add tamarind juice, turmeric, salt, dhania powder, jaggery powder 1tsp mix well and let it boil for few mins. Check the taste & adjust if anything is needed.
Serve hot with white rice or rotis!!