Craving for Veg dum biriyani? And you wanna avoid standing hours in the kitchen? Lets try to make quick version of it…why wait? Let’s start!!
- 2 carrots(large, cut into small pieces)
- Potato – 1big (cut into medium size pieces)
- Green peas – 1/4cup
- Bell pepper – 1/2(cut into medium size pieces)
- Green beans – 10 (cut into medium size pieces)
- Cauliflower – 1 cup (optional)
- Curd -2 small cups
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Any kind of biriyani masala powder – 3tsps
- Lemon juice – 4tsps
- Red chili powder – 1tsp
4cups – basmati rice (wash). Add 4cups or 3&1/2cups of water, add salt and turn on electric rice cooker.
- Onion – 1/2 (cut into small pieces)
- Green chilies – 2 (slit them)
- Lavang – 2
- Elachi – 2
- Dalchini -1
- Bay leaf – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 3tsps
- Mint – 1 hand full
- Cilantro – 4tsps
- Take medium size bowl and add set 1 &set2 mix well and check the taste & adjust anything if needed. Soak vegetables for 30mins.
- Take wide pan, add 5-6tsps of oil. Once oil is heated add set 4 ingredients one by one and stir for 3 to 4 mins.
- Transfer set 1 to step 2 and cook them until vegetables are cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer to step 3& spread across
- Take 1cup of milk, add some food color, sprinkle on top of rice.
- Garnish with cilantro, add some ghee and cover it and put the flame on sim for about 10mins.
- After 10mins stir rice gently & serve hot!! It goes well with raita or any masala gravy!!
Pics – TBD