Who says onion can be used only for curries/rice varieties!!! We can make delicious chutney out of it! And it goes well with rice, idlis, dosa’s, rotis & bread. Recipe is very simple..lets start!!
Set 1 Ingredients:
- Onion -1(big) – cut into small pieces
- Tamarind – 1 gooseberry size (soaked)
- Mint – 10 to 15 leaves
- Cilantro – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1tsp
Set 2 – Tadka ingredients
- Oil – 2tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Chana dal – 1tsp
- Jira – 1tsp
- Hing – 3splashes
- Curry leaves – 10
- Red chilies – 2
Set 3 Ingredients (needed during grinding)
- Jaggery – 2tsps (or adjust according to your taste)
- Red chilli powder – 2tsps (or adjust according to your taste)
- 2tsp of dry roasted sesame seeds powder
- Take medium size pan & add all set 1 ingredients and cook it for 5mins on medium flame.
- Once the mixture is Luke warm add set 3 ingredients mix well & grind.
- Take medium size pan, add oil. Once oil is heated put tadka ingredients & transfer the mixture to step2 & mix well!! See how simple is that!!
(haven’t got chance to take final picture of the recipe..will upload soon)