Carrot & Spinach chutney???Sounds weird right…yeah!! I swear it tastes awesome!
- Carrots(3)-big ones – cut into small pieces
- Spinach -2 cups – wash & chop them into small pieces
- Mint – 10 to 20leaves
- Cilantro – 3 tsps
- Green chillies – 10 (adjust according to your taste)
- Tamarind – 2 goose berries size (soaked)
- Garlic cloves – 3 (optional)
- Turmeric – 1/4tsp
- Salt – according to your taste
- Roasted sesame seeds powder – 2tsps
- Oil – 2tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Jira – 1tsp
- Hing – 3-4 splashes
- Curry leaves
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Red chilies – 2 or 3 (adjust according to your taste)
- Take a medium size pan. Add all set 1 ingredients & mix well and cook on medium heat for 8 to 10mins, turn off the stove. Once the mixture is warm enough to put in grinder, add sesame seeds powder, mix well and grind the whole mixture, check the taste while grinding and adjust the ingredients if needed.
- Take another pan and put on medium flame, add oil. Once oil is heated add tadka ingredients and transfer tadka into step1. Mix well & enjoy!!
It goes well with breads, white rice(with ghee 😉 )!!