Bisibelebath with Oats….yummy!! It is pretty simple! Specially it is good substitute for RICE! And I am pretty sure all rice lovers will enjoy this recipe!!
Set 1 Ingredients:
- Moong dal – 3/4thcup
- Oats – 1 cups
- Carrots – 3(medium size) cut into small pieces
- Tomatoes – 2(cut into small pieces)
- Okra – 5 (cut into medium cubes)
- Green peas – 1/4cup
- Dosakai / Cucumber – 1/2
- Red chilli powder – 2tsp(or according to your taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Tamarind juice – 1small cup (or you can adjust as per your taste)
- Water – 5cups
- Bisibelebath powder 2tsps
Set 2 Tadka:
- Oil – 2tsps
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Jira – 1tsp
- Hing – 3splashes
- Curry leaves – 10
- Red chilies – 3
- Pressure cook all set 1 for 4 to 5 vessels, once pressure is out add salt, tamarind juice mix well, check taste & adjust anything if needed.
- Take small pan, turn on the stove. Once oil is heated add all tadka ingredients & transfer the mix to step 1. Mix well & serve hot. It is good substitute for rice. You won’t even know the difference !!
P.S: I tricked my kids saying that it is rice bisibelebath and they believed me!! later I revealed the secret 😉 They enjoyed the new recipe!! I hope you guys enjoy too!!