Tired of chasing kids to feed vegges??? Let me show you how to make rasam with vegetable juice…yes you heard it right! Rasam with Vegetable juice!! Interesting? Let’s start.
- V8 vegetable juice – 1 medium size can
- Onions – 1/4 slit long
- Green chillies – 2 (or add more if needed)
- Tamarind juice – 1small cup ( add more if you needed)
- Black pepper – 1/4tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4tsp
- Jaggery – 1/2tsp (adjust according to your taste)
- Dhania powder – 1tsp
- Cilantro or corriader – 1tsp
- Water 2 cups
Set 2: Tadka
- Oil – 1/2tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Jira or cumin seeds – 1/4tsp
- Methi seeds – 4
- Red chillis – 1 or 2
- Hing – 2pinches
- Garlic – 2 cloves coarsely crushed
- Curry leave – 6
1.Take one medium pot and add Set 1, let it boil for some time. Check the taste & adjust according to your taste.
2.Take small frying pan, add oil, let it heat and add Set 2, fry for 2mins & transfer into step1. Mix well & boil for sometime, check and adjust if anything needs to be added.
See how simple it is!! You can serve with hot hot white rice with ghee (for kids :D), for us without ghee 😉 .. Enjoy!! Will post picture soon.